口语对话:下班后邀请朋友到家里作客

发布:佚名   时间:2010-4-9 10:53:00   来源:京翰教育中心   录入:杨   人气:207
【文字:
口语对话:下班后邀请朋友到家里作客

Visit friends 作客

Humans are social animals, and we have evolved to be in groups. It found that those who had a large network of friends outlived those with the fewest friends by 22%.

情景对话1:

玛丽打电话找汤姆,邀请他参加为吉姆举行的惊喜生日晚会。

Tom: (Answering the phone)Hello?
(接电话)喂?
Mary: Hello. May I speak to Tom please?
喂,我找汤姆。
Tom: Speaking.
请讲。
Mary: Hi, Tom, this is Mary. I'm a friend of Jim's.
汤姆,我是玛丽,吉姆的朋友。
Tom: Hi, Mary. Jim has told me about you. What's up?
你好,玛丽。吉姆提起过你,有什么事吗?
Mary: Today is Jim's birthday and we're having a party for him tonight. Do you think you could come?
今天是吉姆的生日,今晚我们想为他开个生日聚会,你能不能来?
Tom: Oh, I didn't know it was his birthday today. Sure. I'd love to come. What time and where?
哦,我还不知道今天是他生日。我当然乐意去,时间、地点呢?
Mary: Well, we're all meeting at Jim's neighbor's apartment at about seven thirty. It's at 789 Peace Street, Apartment 3.
好,我们打算7点半左右在他的邻居家碰面。地点是和平大街789号,3号公寓。
Tom: I'll be there. Do you want me to bring something?
我会去的,你想让我带点什么来吗?
Mary: Bring some flowers if you can.
如果可以,带一些花吧。
Tom: No problem. See you tonight.
没问题,晚上见。

Notes:
Appropriate gift
和中国人一样,在英、美、加等讲英语的国家,人们在拜访朋友或看望亲人时,比较重视用礼品表示礼节但礼品不一定贵重,具有特色就行,这是一条普遍适用的原则。在这一点上,和中国人送礼显然有些区别。一般来说,送鲜花、名酒、化妆品、录音带或唱片都是很合适的礼品,自己做的果酱、自己养的花、亲手做的生日贺卡、亲手烤制的食品也都是很好的礼品,而且更有意义。

礼品的价钱不重要,但礼品的包装很重要。礼品一般以交给女主人为宜。接受礼品时,人们习惯当场打开。要在打开礼品后马上表示欣赏和感谢,否则就是不礼貌。

情景对话 2:

山姆请亚当去他家吃烤肉。

Sam: Say, Adam, I'm having a barbecue at my house on December 13th. Would you like to come?
我说,亚当,我12月13号请大伙儿来我家烤肉。你要不要来呀?
Adam: The 13th? Let me check. (looking at his pocket calendar) Sure, I can make it.
13号吗?让我看看。(看一看小记事本)没问题,我能来。

分页:第[1] [2]
【文字: 】【加入收藏】【打印文档】【发送好友】【访客留言】【参与讨论